The Champaign County Freedom Celebration Committee wants everyone to have a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July.
Where do you park? Where's the restrooms? Will there be food available?
We've got answer to all these questions and more! To assist you in getting the most out of your day, we 've put together some of the most often requested information for this years events into one easy-to-use document...The Spectator Guide!
|Youth Race||8:30a||4th St. between Kirby and St. Mary’s|
|5K Race/walk||9:05a||4th St. between Kirby and St. Mary’s|
|Parade||11:05p||Begins near First & Florida. Continues East on Florida to Lincoln Ave. then proceeds North on Lincoln Ave to California.|
|Evening Entertainment||7:00p||Details TBA|
|Fireworks||9:15p||Launched from UI parking lot E14 West of Assembly Hall|
Free parking is available in any paved lot on the University of Illinois campus. Handicap parking is available in the Assembly Hall parking lots and on Oak Street between Kirby Avenue and Stadium Drive. NOTE : There is NO PARKING permitted on the grass. Please help us save the grass and the extra spectator space! Signs will be posted.
Please check back for Evening Program parking information
5k & Parade:
Parade spectators should note that the parade route is closed to traffic between 8:00 a.m. and approximately 2:00 p.m. Plan to access University parking lots by approaching the campus area from the North and West sides for the parade events
Please check back later for updated information.
Porta-potties are available in the area of the start/finish line as well as along the parade route. Handicap accessible porta-potties are located near the Seniors tent on Kirby south of Memorial Stadium and in the Southwest corner of Stadium Terrace near Kirby and Oak Street.
Restrooms are available along the parade route at Lincoln and Illinois (port-a-potties); Lincoln between Indiana and Michigan (port-a-potties); Illini Grove Pavilion restrooms at Lincoln and Pennsylvania; Florida East of Maryland (port-a-potties); Kirby near the Seniors tent and reviewing stand (handicapped accessible port-a-potties). Handicap accessible port-a-potties are located near the Seniors tent on Kirby south of Memorial Stadium.
Port-a-potties will be placed throught the park and parking lots.
- Police Officers will be on foot patrol throughout the event. Please contact them should you need assistance or have an emergency.
- Parents, please keep your children on the curb and out of the street during the parade. Drivers of vehicles moving on the parade route have reduced visibility due to the large crowds.
- Please hold the hands of small children when walking to or away from the parade route and evening show areas. It is very easy to become separated in the large crowds.
- Please be considerate of others when playing with water guns. Be polite and don't squirt people who do not wish to be a target.
- Police will confiscate illegal fireworks. For the maximum safety of the crowd, please leave the fireworks to the professionals.
The seniors tent will be located on Kirby south of Memorial Stadium. Please contact the hotline at 217/531-3777 or this page for more information.
Food and drinks will be available along the parade route as well as at the evening show. Please see the map for specific locations.
EVENING VIEW AREAS
Please see our event map below.